Skip to main content

My story, My hustle and how it all started...

What is a hustler really? To some people it has a positive connotation and to others it may be negative. There are definitely several ways to look at it. I prefer the positive way. Not everyone is born with the hustle gene in them but you can develop this so called strategy over the years. For myself personally It's definitely genetic and being Jewish helps :) I truly do believe that there is such a thing as a Jewish mentality and you don't have to be Jewish to have it.

My father is the most hard working man I have ever met. He practically works 18/7 (sleeps for 6 hours) and absolutely loves it. It's what drives him and makes him happy. Fortunate for him he's an artist and truly loves what he does and has talent. Now that he is older for him it's more about the actual work than the hustle and thrill of making money. But long before this when he was younger he got his hands onto anything he could to make money. His story is quite interesting and I recently found out about it.

He wasn't very book smart, never really enjoyed school but he did finish college as an engineer. He then worked a bit in that field but didn't quite like it. One day he was traveling in St. Petersburg I believe it was and went to a museum and really loved this painting called "Blue Boy" by Thomas Gainsborough. He then thought to himself what if he makes copies of this painting for those who can't afford real ones but would make the frames himself. So that's how he started his frame business and he would sell at little boutiques all over Tbilisi, Georgia. His frames were selling out weekly. He was making more money in 1 day than most people were making in one months salary.

This was his first hustle break and he was younger than 18 I believe. He then had this fire in him and just went on to do his art work, then also traveled to Turkey to do other business of export and import of electronics and anything possible that he knew he could flip and make $ on. I grew up in a pretty wealthy environment when I was a kid. I didn't really know this til about a year ago when we watched some old tapes and it all came to me. Yes I've seen childhood photos of our life and it did seem pretty good but It never hit me, that wow I actually had everything as a child.

Fast forward to when I was 8 years old. My parents left everything behind to move to Los Angeles and we had to really start from scratch. It was a different life but my dad continued to keep going on his hustle. It was definitely different and a downfall from the life we had before, but we made it through. Today it's all good and that's all that matters.

I always paid close attention to my dad and his worth ethic and it was always instilled in me to be independent, I think it's also part of my personality. I started working when I was 12 years old and never stopped ever since then. I didn't love every job I had, but I gave every job I had my all. I always tried to succeed and in every single job I usually moved up as much as I could. Yes it was about making $ back then to pay for bills and that's it but because I had that work ethic early on when it came to making more $ at better jobs I learned to save and not just make $ to pay bills. I then started doing side jobs while I had full time jobs and the thrill of being able to keep growing is really what drove me. My mom always tells me "you'e just like your dad, money always sticks to you" but she knows that it's because we truly work really hard, it doesn't fall from the sky into our lap by luck! Luck is like a referral. It may get you where you want to be but in order to stay you have to work hard.

This post is getting long and I know no one has the type of time to sit here and read it all so I'll save some of my accomplishments and job growth for another post. But You should definitely get the point of what a hustle is and how to keep growing and pushing! trust me if you work hard people will always notice and when the RIGHT people notice, you will win, you will earn respect and you will most definitely grow in your success! I've had this happen to me first hand so I'm speaking from experience!

Xx,
MKG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

just thoughts.... after being in a trap

Hi everyone this is my first blog, I haven't really wrote one in quite a long time. I'd like to express myself by revealing my feelings and thoughts from time to time. At this time I'm going thru what you can call a revelation. I've realized that the person I was dating on and off for 3 yrs now has turned out to be a complete stranger to me. I know him inside out probably better than he knows himself but I'd prefer for him to be a stranger from now on. Although we've lived together for about 2 yrs the whole relationship was pretty much on my shoulders because i was the head of the relationship unfortunately because I was blindly in love. But what can you say more than just shit happens and you have to live and learn and move on. It was almost like babysitting a child, he had no job was trying to do stuff with his life but it wasn't really working out, and i can admit that he was pretty much taking advantage of the situation, but because love is so blind i

NYC Fashion > LA Fashion

As I recently took a short trip to NYC I of course observed all the fashion and the visual displays on Madison Ave, 5th Ave and more. NY is such a beautiful place to be and there is so much to see. I would walk at times on my own and just observe and take it all in, it was an amazing experience. NY remains to be my #1 place to live and be a part of . Its really the center of the universe with its diversity. Now onto the Fashion. As always I love designer resale stores. NYC happens to have some of the best ones. I went to my favorite again which is simply called "Designer Resale" also known as "The miracle on 81st  Street". Not only are things priced fairly but they have the best selection on the Upper East Side and in NY period. As I walked in I fell in love with a Chanel bag. Imagine, small elegant on a long chain and python. I asked the sales girl to let me see it. I thought to myself its probably over 2k but let me just see it ! To my surprise it was a fraction

Revelations .... written 11/15/11

Isn't it funny how most people prefer to read personal blogs and are more interested in the drama and the gossip than anything else? I was debating all day today whether I should write a personal blog about my feelings and or what I'm thinking as of today and decided to go for it. As in the past it might have hurt some people and or got me in some trouble. But this is purely about my thoughts. Recently I have experienced some lows in my life and I noticed that it happens through out life and you begin to grow and discover more about yourself every day of your life. Some people enter your life while others exit, some interests replace old ones, some feelings develop as others disappear, so on and so forth. At this point in my life I feel disconnected from a several people in my life. It can go both ways, It may be me and how I feel or it may be the other person depending on what your preferences are in different situations. One thing is for sure, you cant expect people to have t